100AF Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing
Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing is a general purpose coating, manufactured with refined asphalt, emulsifiers and selected clay fillers. The dried film cures to a tough, flexible, durable finish and will resist extreme variations in temperature and weather. Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing will not burn or support combustion in a liquid state. It has no odor or fumes, and resists the absorption of exterior moisture. Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing can be applied to damp surfaces.
Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing is a vapor retarder used as a protective coating against dampness on the exterior face of interior walls in cavity wall construction and exterior surfaces of concrete, metal and wood above or below grade. It may also be applied to interior surfaces in the absence of hydrostatic pressure. The emulsion may be utilized as an adhesive for polystyrene insulation prior to backfilling.
- ASTM D-1187 Type II
- ASTM D-1227 Type III, Class 1
Surface should be free of oil, grease, dirt laitance and adhesion-inhibiting materials. Dry surfaces should be dampened with water before application of the coating. Repair all cracks and holes with Karnak #920AF Fibered Emulsion Mastic or Karnak #925 Fibered Emulsion Mastic Trowel Grade Emulsion and Karnak #31 Fiber-Glass Membrane or Karnak #34 Asphalt Saturated Cotton Fabric before applying the surface coating.
Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing is easily applied by brush, roller or spray equipment.Apply Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproof-ing in one coat. If applying two coats, allow the first coat to dry. Coating should be continuous and free of pinholes or holidays. Cover all slots, joints and grooves and apply into all chases and corners.
- Above-grade dampproofing (interior and exterior): Apply one coat of Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. If applying two coats, each coat should be 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. (First coat must be allowed to dry prior to the application of the second coat).
- Below-grade dampproofing (interior, exterior and cavity walls): Apply one coat of Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. If applying two coats, each coat should be 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft. (First coat must be allowed to dry prior to the application of the second coat.)
- Fabric re-enforced dampproofing: Apply one coat of Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq.ft. Apply Karnak #31 Fiber Glass Membrane or Karnak #34 Asphalt Saturated Cotton Fabric over the wet coating, overlapping all edges. Smooth out all wrinkles, making sure there is no trapped air underneath the fabric. Proceed with second coat at a rate of 2 to 3 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
- Polystyrene insulation adhesive: Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing is a water-based asphalt emulsion that is 100% compatible with polystyrene insulation or protection board. As an adhesive, Karnak #100 Non-Fibered Emulsion Dampproofing should be applied in 4" diameter dabs directly to the insulation and immediately pressed into place.
Note: When more than two courses are required, wall ties may be necessary. Allow the film to cure for a minimum of 24 to 48 hours prior to backfilling.Care should be taken during backfilling not to puncture or damage the coating. A protection board is highly recommended and backfilling should take place within 7 days.
Apply with a wide, fiber brush at the rate of 4 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
Utilize a standard heavy duty airless spray pump using heavy duty guns and nozzles. Equipment manufacturers should be consulted for more complete information. Apply at the rate of 4 gallons per 100 sq. ft.
Apply at 2 to 4 gallons per 100 square feet. Spray application should be at the same rate.
CARE OF TOOLS
Tools and other equipment should be cleaned with water immediately after use. Dried coating may be cleaned with mineral spirits. Take necessary precautions when handling combustible material.
- Weight per Gallon: 8.5 lbs
- Solids by Weight: (54%-58%) Nominal
- Solids by Volume: (56%-60%) Nominal
- Color: Black
- Permeability: 0.003
- Cure Time: 24 to 48 hours @ 77Â° @ 50% Relative Humidity
- Application: Brush or Spray
- Service Temperature Range: 40Â° to 150Â°F
Do not apply when rain is imminent. Protect from freezing. Coating must be dried before exposure to water. Store in a heated room and keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner.
Available in 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums.