505 Elasto-Brite M (Base & Finish Coat)
Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M is an acrylic emulsion coating specifically designed for application on prepared metal roof substrates. Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M exhibits excellent flexibility, tensile strength, elongation and low temperature properties. These, along with outstanding color stability, mildew resistance and weatherability make Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M an exceptional performance value in elastomeric roof coatings.
Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M acrylic coating is intended for use on properly prepared metal roof substrates as the Base and Finish coats in the Elasto Brite-M Roof System.
- Complies with all V.O.C. requirements and regulations.
- Emulsion Based - Non-flammable, odorless and non-toxic.
- One Component - No need to intermix materials.
- Easy application by brush, roller or spray.
- Easy clean-up with water.
- Quick Drying - Re-coatable in a matter of hours.
- Superior Film - Forms a weather resistant, tough continuous elastomeric membrane.
- Has superior adhesive and cohesive strength.
- Exhibits high color stability and whiteness retention. Forms a smooth, white coating that retains its whiteness through years of extended weathering; a clean look that stays clean longer.
- Reflectivity - The whiteness of this film reflects enough of the sun's heat to keep the roof surface cooler and moderates thermally induced movement.
- Fungistatic - Formulated for most advanced, state-of-the-art resistance to mold and mildew growth.
- Low temperature flexibility - Specially selected internally plasticized polymers impart superior low temperature properties to the coating.
STANDARD COLOR CHART
Available in White, Tan, Gray, Terra Cotta Red and Patina Green.
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free from oil, grease and other foreign matter. Patch and repair damaged areas with Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M Seam Sealer or appropriate materials prior to the coating application. In all cases, Karnak #505P Rust Inhibitor Primer must be applied at the minimum rate of 0.5 gallon per 100 sq. ft.. Allow to dry thoroughly (approx. 2 to 4 hours) prior to the application of Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M Base and Finish Coat.
Mechanically mix Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M coating prior to application. Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M coating should be applied by brush, spray or roller. Do not apply over asphaltic substrates. (Contact Karnak Corporation for application guide details). Allow Base Coat to dry overnight prior to applying Finish Coat. Apply only when temperature is 50 deg. F and rising.
- Weight per Gallon: 11 lbs.
- Solids by Weight: 59%
- Solids by Volume: 50%
- Color: White
- Hardness, Shore A: 70
- Elongation: 300%
- Tensile Strength: 350 psi
- Weathering: Excellent
- Permeability: 15
Karnak #505P Rust Inhibitor Primer should be applied at the rate of 0.5 gallon per 100 sq. ft.. Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M coating coverage rate will vary depending upon the surface to be coated. The rate of coverage is as follows: Karnak #505 Elasto Brite-M Base Coat at the rate of 1-1.5 gallons per 100 sq. ft. and Karnak #505 Elasto Brite- Finish Coat at the rate of 1-1.5 gallons per 100 sq. ft.. This yields an approximate wet film thickness of 19-27 mils.
CARE OF TOOLS
Clean up of tools may be accomplished with water while coating is still wet. Dry coating may be cleaned with xylene. Take necessary precautions when handling flammable materials.
Do not apply when rain is imminent. Protect from freezing. Coating must be dried before exposure to water. Store in a heated room and keep container covered when not in use. Do not thin. Avoid prolonged contact with skin. Dispose of in an environmentally safe manner.
COLD-PROCESS SYSTEMS AND COATINGS, EITHER EMULSION OR SOLVENT BASED, SHOULD ONLY BE INSTALLED ON DECKS WITH POSITIVE DRAINAGE.
PER NRCA (NATIONAL ROOFING CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION) "THE CRITERIA FOR JUDGING PROPER SLOPE FOR DRAINAGE IS THAT THERE BE NO EVIDENCE OF STANDING WATER ON THE DECK 48 HOURS AFTER IT STOPS RAINING."
Available in 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums.